Sunday, June 28, 2009

DEAR DIARY: i'm so sick of this!

its one week from my last episode.. and once again... this time on a Wednesday night.. my hand felt tight. I had just cooked dinner. I made chicken and dumplings, a meal that requires a lot of stirring. While eating my yummy masterpiece it hit me.. extreme fatigue. I put my head on the table and did a mental inventory of what i needed to do before I could sleep.


I couldnt even take my tight jeans off. My daughter had to pull them of of me. I was just too tired....


So its been 24 hours, and luckily I am still walking normally. I can hide a lame hand.. years of this has taught me to be ambi-dextrous. But the constant dull aches from my finger tip to shoulder and the spontaneous spasms is getting old.


plus blogging with one hand takes a long time....

2 comments:

  1. Boy, do I feel your pain. Having dystonia in my hand has really sucked. I've been hiding my lame hand for more than four years now (seems longer). Most people (myself included--once) just don't realize how lucky they are to move normally.

    And, if you think it takes a long time to blog with one hand, try writing a novel or two. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I come from facebook to read your blog, Don't you know the software Naturally Speaking Dragon Fly? it allow you to use your pc with your voice throght speech recognition if you are interested let me know I could help you to get it. A friend of mine suggested to me about a yar ago and works perfectly for people with this kind of movement disorder, take care and God bless you!

    ReplyDelete

your comments are appreciated.