Monday, July 13, 2009

DEAR DIARY: 3 vials of toxin to the hip.. yeah I did that

Today I bit the bullet and tried the BOTOX. Yes, I know BOTOX isnt that big of a deal.. People get it all time.. Case in point: Vanessa Williams.

Especially in my line of work cosmetic surgery is no longer taboo and is as commonplace as good concealer.

--but my BOTOX is medical--

I have always been afraid of BOTOX. So afraid that when I was first prescribed it in 2006 for my writers cramp, I walked away from the neurologist screaming:

"Never would you inject a toxin in me. I dont need my stupid right hand anyway!"

But here it is three years later and I just had 3 vials -- 3 VIALS -- injected into the muscles supporting my hip to treat a portion of my hemi generalized torsin dystonia, because I actually do need my right hip.

*****



My doctor is so brutally honest:

"Will this work?" I ask: "50% chance, the glutes are a large muscle group.. thank goodness you are small." She replied with a smile.

Gotta love honesty.

So for the next 48 hours I am on doctors orders to not go upside down.. (toxin will flow to muscles that dont need it) and go to the ER and page her if I develop a fever because 3 Vials could possibly have permanent irreversible damage.

No worries.


and I get to do it all over again in 3 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

your comments are appreciated.